Lines, Alas, Found Unusable

Usually because there’s too much Earth in them, but in general, a place I may dump those bon mots that are otherwise wasted. Today’s example:

"It was once said of an ancient empire that they made a desert, and called it peace…

“Machegos? Make me a desert.”

1 Like

"What lets me impose my idea of civilized behavior upon you?

“This morning, it’s a button over there on the operations panel. You’ll find it between Guidance Lock and Open Outer Door.”

• Commodore Idolos, CS Whirlwind
1 Like

“They’re lying! How can they just lie like that? We’re good and kind and peaceful and civilized, and it’s wicked of them to say we aren’t! We ought to burn their worlds from crust to core!”

• Linesé Sargas (age 4½)

(Removed from any consideration of usage when I vaguely remembered I was stealing the form of this, at least, from Pratchett.)

Of course, since not all Sargases are like that and certainly not all the time, it is my headcanon that Linesé grows up, trains in Kanatai, and opens a noodle shop back home offering real Shimana-style noodles. (Even to all those philistines who wouldn’t recognize subtlety in spicing if you put it on a tanto and stuck it up their nose for more direct perception.)