Why is the near-post-scarcity future still capitalist / anarcho-capitalist / evolved 21st century "capitalism"?

It isn’t. Go back and re-read.

There are three reasons for this:

One: a Society of Consent cannot, for what should be incredibly obvious reasons, prescribe a specific economic model. As an Imperial would say to both anarcho-capitalist right-libertarians and anarcho-communist left-libertarians, once you put that fucking hyphen in there, it’s not very anarcho- any more, now is it?

Two: Doing so would be incredibly stupid for anyone short of Actual Omniscience, because you don’t know what the Best Economic Model for All Circumstances is, even if you had an objective way of defining Best, which you don’t, because that depends on objectively subjective qualities.

Three: Doing so would also be incredibly stupid because it assumes that there is a Best Economic Model for All Circumstances, which is about as unlikely - to compare with other systems containing trillions of mostly self-motivated moving parts - as there being a Best Ecological Model for All Circumstances.

Meanwhile, please find attached below a growing list of posts which can be considered the “This Ain’t Your 21st Century Corporate Capitalism, Son” FAQ-U Primer.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I have this wear spot on my desk where I bang my forehead into the table, and dealing with many of these idiots is where I bang my head even more…

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

On today’s episode of “Does my worldbuilding really suck or have you just not read through the whole thing?”…

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

“Worldbuilding? What’s that? I just want to complain that nobody is giving me any money to fund my various perversions!”

As a side-note here, I note that contemporary definitions of capitalism all include the line:

• High levels of wage labor

Much nope. So yeomen. Yeosophonts. Whatever.